Scene Study Ongoing – 8 week course
Dates: Thursday 28 April – Thursday 17 June
Times: 7.00pm – 10.00pm
Location: Information and Cultural Exchange (ICE), 8 Victoria Road Parramatta NSW 2150. View MAP.
- Learn presence and connection with fellow actors
- Develop spontaneity and reacting to the present moment
- Connect with voice and body
- Learn thorough textual analysis
- Create nuanced and driven characters
So, you’ve finished our Acting for Beginners course (or a similar foundation course elsewhere) and you now want to work more closely on scenes and scripts?
This 8-week Scene Study Ongoing course will give actors aged 18+ the opportunity to work on rich and complex scripts taken from modern-day plays, film and television.
Each week will begin by taking 8 actors through a series of ensemble activities and improvisation exercises to help relax and loosen them. And then through thorough textual analysis of selected scenes, the actors will work towards creating compelling and truthful characters who are hungry, driven and connected.
Note: Students will also be assigned new scenes and partners every two weeks and so only those actors with an openness to collaboration and a strong work ethic are encouraged to apply.
By the end of this course, whether you’re aware of it or not, you will have built up lifelong skills that will seep into your everyday lives. You will:
- Become better listeners.
- Become more open to, and tolerant of differing views.
- Become acutely aware of your breathing and emotions.
- Develop a more positive self-image.
- Become more comfortable with self-evaluation and constructive feedback.
‘Grace is such a beautiful soul and an absolute delight to work with. She teaches in a way where you constantly feel supported, uplifted and never insecure. Grace has such a happy and upbeat energy and is so talented at helping bring out the personal specialities in each individual actor.” – Molly Ohlback
- Please read our Centre Policies.
- Please wear comfortable loose clothing and appropriate footwear.